Friday 9 January 2015

PHOENIX - The Legend




PHOENIX     -     The Legend



                           “ I shall resurrect from the ashes
                             Opening wings like a blossom “
   

                                                       -           Pablo Neruda



An excerpt from the Nobel Laureate Latin American Poet Pablo Neruda’s (1904-1973) work  “Let the Rail Splitter Awake”. 







The proverbial Phoenix is a sunbird from Greek Mythology.  It is believed that Phoenix burning itself on a funeral pyre and rising from the ashes with renewed youth to live through another cycle.



The Phoenix symbolizes renewal and resurrection.


The Phoenix is a legendary bird that is colorful and vibrant.  It has a crest of feathers on its head.  It is a mythical bird of great beauty.  The Phoenix has a life span of 1400 years before it is reborn for another life.  History recorded that it is larger than an Ostrich in size.   The Phoenix symbolizes resurrection and renewal.  The Phoenix was adopted as a symbol in early Christianity.


 A Phoenix obtains new life from the ashes of its predecessors.  A Phoenix is long lived bird that cyclically regenerated or reborn.


The Phoenix was   compared to humans as a person regarded as uniquely remarkable in some respect. 


I used to relate my life to the legendary Phoenix.  Many a times in my life, I was dismissed lightly but then rose to scale greater heights.  


Let me open the recycle bin.  I must admit that the cycle of rebirth occurred to me many a times.  The effect of renewal and resurrection was like a baptism by fire for me. 


My wish list was something like -   “Give me another chance to grow up once again”.


Many a times we realize that we have not been able to live our life to our fullest satisfaction and we wish if we can get another chance to correct the situation.  Our quest for renewal and yet another opportunity to live the life in full cycle reveals the tendency of humans to attain perfection in our life and times.  We always wished to capitalize the missed opportunities. With the passage of time our cravings for an extended youthful existence with stronger bones and reenergizing the body with vital substances is quite understandable.   Many a times the given circumstances actually did not permit us to better the quality of our life.  A blessed bloodline with love and affection for a privileged existence would have been our desire and motif while navigating our life. A better person and a perfect one that too may have been our goal in life. 

  

Life has many ups and downs.  We must prevail upon all adversities to position ourselves to greater strength to conquer our thoughts and reflexes.  How I resisted that summarizes my story and my belief in a resurrected god strengthened me with enough courage to color by rebirth. 


My dreams developed wings and enabled me to set another goal to last a big dream.


The legend of Phoenix continues and prevails.  

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home