Saturday 30 May 2015

Music - The Rhythm of Music - Lullabies to Rhapsody - The Essential Music



Music   -    The Rhythm of Music -  Lullabies  to  Rhapsody – The Essential Music







The sound of music encompasses the global audience without linguistic barriers. I have seen the movie “The Sound of Music” a western classic musical more than a dozen times.  The music has a great soothing effect.  The impact of music in my daily life is like water and oxygen.


When I was a kid the lullabies soothed me.  When I have grown up music took me to dizzying heights and I realized that I am more than a bathroom singer. As a teenager, I used to pen the song, compose it and sing it too. The music  gave me immense satisfaction in my life and times. Many people found the singer in me enthralling and received accolades for the same.

Today I frequent in music stores and picks up the music of my choice and enjoy listening to them whenever I have a taste to enjoy music.  Music makes a man sober and non-violent.  Musical talent is a great quality and the music is regarded as a favorite pass time and a  source of primary entertainment.





 I listened to Padmashri  Dr. K.J. Yesudas  in my  growing up years and experienced blissful existence.  His melodious songs healed me whenever I was feeling sad.  The great healing touch that music radiates is seamless in universe.  The lullabies sung my Yesudas had a soothing effect and enthralled me whenever I listen to them.  The kids enjoy lullabies sung by their  mothers and they fall asleep in the night listening to the lullabies..   Yesudas, the legend enriched Malayalam music with his terrific music rendition and remained in the hearts of music lovers forever. He sang in many languages including the Indian national language Hindi. His son Vijay Yesudas today sings in all south Indian language films, Hindi and English.   Yesudas contribution to music made hurray and that lead to the pinnacle of talent scouting. He is the recipient of National Awards, Filmfare Awards and innumerable other Awards and trophies and forayed into classical music.
 




                  
             


The Indian and Western classical, semi-classical, Gazals, folk songs, pastoral elegies  various language film songs , all of them was a matter of interest to me.

The lilting 1970’s music picturised on the prince charming,  romantic hero of Bollywood, Super star Rajesh Khanna, who was the heartthrob of Indian women due to his histrionics and dashing handsome features ruled the roost in Hindi Film World.  The duets sang by Kishore Kumar and Latha Mangeshkar was popular in the 1970s and merited repeated listening.

The 1970s was the golden era in Indian music.  Even today I enjoy 1970s music whenever I find a mood to listen to the same.


In the parallel world, ABBHA, BONEY-M, MICHAEL JACKSON in Pop and Rock music mesmerized me. I started collecting the music of Beethoven as a music enthusiast.  The royal musical opera was the entertainment for the King and noble laureates.

As an active member of Roman Catholic Church I was in the Church Choir Group. I played Harmonium, Key Board and loved Piano. Come December, we used to go house to house visit along with Santa Claus singing Christmas Carol songs. The angels sang the carol songs.

A flash back down the memory lanes.  In the night I used to switch of lights and listened to music enjoying the meaning of the song’s lyrical content.  This was contagious as I can remember my other family members doing the same. 

I have seen the movie “Sound of Music” a western classic musical more than a dozen times.  My penchant for music and interest in Grammy, Radio Mirchi and the laurels in the song section of Bollywood Awards everything was always a matter of pride to me.  Zee Music and T-Series are the two prominent players in the Bollywood Music industry.  The Indian films are studded with songs and as a result promoted music in the country to another level. There are about 15 top music companies in India.


                             



I graduated from All India Radio to online music such as Gaana.com and You Tube videos slowly and steadily.  This has impacted in choosing music according to your taste and flair.  The Murphy radio to internet music, the journey was exhilarating.  This transformation reveals the progress of the technology and innovation in our lives.


The song writers, composers, music directors, lyricists and singers all of them influenced me and they deserved a prime berth in my life.

I remember that I have taken keen interest in the morning light music lessons from Akashvani when I was in my teens.  With the passage of time I  started  participating in singing contests and was the recipient of fabulous commendations.  As a result I developed passion for music in my life. 

 
The picture of Orpheus from Greek Mythology sitting on the tree branch at the river bank playing the lyre used to be the scene in my mind’s camera for ages.

Orpheus was the son of Appollo the God of music.  He enchanted men and beasts as well as rocks and trees with his great musical talent.


His fame increased to the farthest and a beautiful wood nymph Eyuridice has fallen in love with him.  His love story is one of the most touching in Greek mythology.



Similarly, in the Durbar of Devendra at the Indralok, the Gandarvas entertained the members of Indra Sadas by serving amrutras and singing songs, while Apsaras danced for them.

The erring Gandharvas are sometimes due to the curse of Lord Indra are sent to the earth from heaven as a punishment.   The Gandharvas targets the beautiful young girls of the world and make them to fall in love with them.  The Gandharva's romance with the global beauties are described in the fables of yore.  The Gandharva's great ability is in their musical talent and girls from the real world fall for their music and gets trapped in their love. 


A tribute to music – the Grammy and other Awards for the recognition of talents in music was a craze and rave for me.

Some of the Indian Corporates plays channel music in the work arena for stimulation and increased productivity.  The music was played while milking the udder of cows and buffaloes for increased yield in some of the Farm Houses for a Dairy rich experience.

The creative mind in me used to explore much fancied chart buster numbers other than my mother tongue.  Once upon a time I remember patronizing stage shows by foreign as well as domestic talents. The universal appeal of music with sound and waves entertained me beyond imagination.  The electrifying Leharen used to send cosmic rays in my domain.


I always enjoyed a regular visit to music stores and sometimes picked up something like the 500 songs you must listen to before you die. There are nice collection of audio, video, blue ray and disks of my interest in my possession.

I love Gayatri mantra and the Christian devotional songs in the same breath.  The great music had touched the umbilical chord of mother earth and it was found spellbinding. The music unites linguistic barriers and satiates all alike.

I have great honor and respect for Rabindranath Tagore  who has penned the Indian National Anthem.  This has knitted a web around Indian patriotic music touching all the regions.

The serenity, purity with divinity of music touches my inner self more than ever before today.


The music is an enchantress and it captivates billions of hearts across the world.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home